bunnyPAPR, $10-$30 public use Viral Helmet. (presenting Aug4)
This is a stub issue to "pre-discuss" and "post-discuss" bunnyPAPR.
I'll be presenting on Aug4 for bunnyPAPR. Feel free to look at our tech.
It is a doctor-designed, in-use in hospitals, new PAPR design that uses about 30-60L/min (instead of standard 115L/min+) by using a flexible hood. (Bag collapses in deep exhale, no negative pressurization, tested.) We have about 30 users in 3 countries. Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.
- https://devpost.com/software/bunny-papr (5 min video)
- https://bunnypapr.org (public facing site)
- https://tinyurl.com/bunnyPAPRdisclosuresv1 (extra videos)
(updated 07/28, 2pm PDT)
We already have an inventory of about 400 of these and we know they work (see video).
- USERS/ LEVEL 2 TEST. Our biggest needs right now are getting the word out and finding users who want to use these for a Level 2 test. We have plenty of Level 1 tests: individual users. A Level 2 test is larger scale, like 10+ users in the same setting.
- A partner like a Gates Foundation or Clinton Global Foundation could go a long way in credibility and finding testing partners. We are working ur networks and hae a link with a UCSF HIV/AIDS researcher who has partners in Uganda.
- Ideal Level 2 testers: a private/small school. An Amazon.com warehouse. A meatpacking plant. A sports stadium (NBA). An airline. Having somewhere where aerosol risk is high because of confined spaces.